…..as Govt imposes dusk-to- dawn curfew on Nembe-Bassambiri
….calls on police IG to withdraw SWAT team
The meeting held in Government House, Yenagoa had in attendance, all service commanders in the state, leadership of the Ijaw National Congress, the Bayelsa Elders council, the Nembe-Se congress and Ijaw Youth Council, Central Zone.
Addressing newsmen after the meeting, the Special Adviser to the Governor on Security matters, CP Akpoebi Agberebi (Rtd) said, the following resolutions were reached:
1. A dusk- to -dawn curfew from 7pm to 6am has been imposed on Nembe-Bassambiri, and this curfew is to be enforced by all the security agencies in the state.
2. All youth and chieftaincy activities in Nembe-Bassambiri have been suspended until further notice. It was also resolved that an interim body will be set up by government to manage the affairs until further notice.
3. The youth president under the custody of the Department of State Services(DSS) should be further investigated and prosecuted if found wanting.
4. All the youths arrested and handed over to the police should be investigated and prosecuted if found wanting.
5. Mr. Kojo Sam and all those mentioned in the petition by Bassambiri community for their involvement in the February 15 killing should be arrested, investigated and prosecuted if found wanting.
6. Council also call on the Inspector-General of Police to withdraw his SWAT team and allow the existing joint security task force in Nembe to take charge of the security situation there until further notice.
I want to assure you that all the security agencies and members of the state security council will implement them to the latter to ensure that peace returns to Nembe-Bassambiri.