The Strategy Department is one of the Seven (7) Departments in the Ministry of Information, Orientation and Strategy.
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Department consist of the following:
- Develops and implements strategies that satisfy the objectives of individual departments in promoting the overall corporate goals.
- Designs action plans for government policy programmes publicity
- Monitors media houses and react to negative report with a view to correcting such and put government view in perspective.
- Obtains feedbacks on Government programme for effective follow-up plans on Government Communication.
- Evaluates feedback for Effective future or immediate plans on Government Communication.
- Identify obstacles or barriers impeding delivering on effective dissemination of information and design appropriate.
- Develops approaches capable of overcoming identified obstacles.
- Designs publicity template for specific government policy programme to generate public understanding, support and buy-in.
- Ensures timely intervention to enquires on government programme and Policies with the sole objective of sustaining the good image of Government
- Reduces government programmes and policies to digestible forms using the various instruments of publicity.
- Develops Training programme for Staff and keep them abreast with government policies with a view to empowering them to be effective communicators to the various publics.
- Any other responsibilities that may be required of the Department from time to time.