The Planning, Research and Statistics Department mandate is not information dissemination and management, but handles other critical functions.
The department has four (4) units namely; Planning, Research, Statics and Procurement Unit to carry out its functions.
The units and functions are as follows:
- Coordinate other departments of the ministry and parastatals in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Liaise with budget office.
- Maintenance of ministry tender board secretariat.
- Coordinate all matters relating to parastatals of the ministry.
- In charge of implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of projects of the ministry.
- In charge of the ministry/parastatal database.
- Archival activities of the ministry.
- Identify the training needs and coordinate training and retraining programs of the professional departments of the ministry.
- Provision, maintenance and running of the ministry library.
- In charge of statistical evaluation of the ministry programs and the parastatals.
- Collection and Collation of data of completed, uncompleted and outstanding jobs of the ministry and parastatals.
- In charge of the statistical evaluation of both professional and non-professional staff of the ministry.
- In charge of implementation of guidelines for due process of award of contracts, utilisation of capital and recurrent vote of the ministry, parastatals.
- Certification of contracts.
- To carry out price intelligent functions to guide the budget.